Rewards and Benefits
This role is employed by Cornwall Council and our ambition is to be an employer of choice, a high performing Council and a learning organisation. This includes being committed to providing an employee reward and benefits package which will attract, retain, motivate and reward our employees.
Our core employee rewards and benefits include:
- a competitive salary
- NHS pension scheme
- 23 days annual leave per year (pro rata), rising to 28 days after five years' continuous service. Plus bank holidays.
- family friendly leave, pay and working arrangements
- you may be able to work flexible hours and take 'flexi leave' for any accrued time
- payment of relevant professional fees
- assisted car purchase scheme
- childcare vouchers
- relocation scheme
- relevant learning and development opportunities, with the possibility for financial and/or other assistance
We have an employee voluntary benefits scheme called CC choices. This gives employees access to an extensive range of discounts to local and national goods and service as well as salary sacrifice schemes for childcare vouchers and cycle to work.
We have launched a number of initiatives as part of our commitment to improve employee engagement, including
- a new employee performance management and development process
- an employee recognition scheme
- an employee suggestion scheme.
We continue to develop our employee rewards and benefits package. We also have flexible benefits with a scheme for buying additional annual leave.
Add to this extensive range of employee rewards and benefits, the opportunity to develop your career with Cornwall’s largest employer coupled with the chance to live in one of the country’s most beautiful counties and it’s clear that we can offer you a lifestyle and level of professional satisfaction that few organisations can match.
(*) The Government has placed restrictions on the tax free benefits that you can have at retirement as well as the amount that your pension savings can grow each year before being subject to a tax charge by HMRC. Before taking up your new role please seek independent financial advice. Please visit www.lgps.gov.uk for further information.